im scard to be home alone

i dont no why but when night time comes i cant go to sleep i just dont like to be home buy my self my daughter can be home i still get that bad felling im worry im going crazy ..are does everone go throw this.......

totsmom1986

Asked by totsmom1986 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Health

• I do. I'm a single mom and live an hour and a half away from any of my family. It gets scary sometimes, but I work through it. Literally, I'll do housework until I can sleep lol.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I am like that too. Do you have a dog? I do, and that kinda helps me if dh ever works a late shift.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I do. everysingle night. Iam terrified, Its wierd, Im seriously thinking about getting a dog especially when my hubby deploys. I hate being alone just me and our girls.
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I am the same way my dh works nights and I sleep terribly and am super paranoid even though I know he'd be there asap if anything happened he is a cop and all. I am getting a little better but I think it is just pregnancy exhaustion that is taking over. I am glad that I am not the only freak. My dh thinks I am weird.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:36 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Ive been like that my whole life. I HATE being home alone. I have the most horrible thoughts run thru my mind. It is scary.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:44 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Get yourself a dog. The biggest one you think you will be able to handle and a good home security system.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• was like that as a kid had lots of nightmares woke up screaming to the point neighbors would come or call to see if i was OK and that was way into my teenage years my mama wasn't a very religious person as she said she is a believer she believes there is a god but don't attend church to often one day she suggested to me to start saying my prayers and asking god for his blessing believe it or not the only times i sleep without a worry is when i say my prayers a have fallen asleep at times without saying them and had to wake myself out of a nightmare to do so and that's the only way i'll go back to sleep good and believe me when i say i probably don't go to church as often as i should only recently because my 8year old ond 3yr old love to go

sexymama53

Answer by sexymama53 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I have a dog and she is a pansy I trust the cat more for protection than the dog. Plus that isn't really my worry, I don't worry about somebody breaking in an hurting me or my kids. I worry that somebody will break in and I will be forced to kill them, I will not tolerate any threat to my life of my children's life. I would prefer not to have to defend my family in my last line of defense my home. It is highly unlikely anybody would break in where I live, still I don't sleep well. I think once my kids are older I will do better. I have always been this way, hated when my parents would go on trips, or when my roomies in college were all gone. I think it has to do with the fact I have never truly lived alone. People who have lived alone seem to do better by themselves. I also think that I am getting used to the noises in my house so I can distinguish abnormal sounds. I dunno I am a worrier by nature I guess.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I am terrified to be alone once the sun goes down I am terrified of everything and anything and as far as I know there is no reason for me to feel this way. One very wicked imagination.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2009