why is my baby so winny abut his bottle like a brat

my baby when it come to him being hungry theres no messing around he sees his bottle knows your makin it and then when you sit down to feed him he whinnes half of the time you pull it out to burp him half way through and hes gets red then whales like a new born till you give the bottle back sometimes it only takes 3 sec in the mornin he is great some imes at nigth but you cannt burp him till the bottle is finshed then if you like him calm down cry it out it doesnt work no matter how long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Um he's a baby. That's how they communicate.
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 1:03 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Because he's a baby. His only form of communication is crying. He's hungry. Wouldn't you get mad if someone took your food away before you were done? You're not scheduling his feedings, right? As long as he's not starving because you're making him wait for food... not much you can do.

Cry it out is sleep training. Not sure what it has to do with this, or why you think leaving him to cry would make him stop crying.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:09 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• You can stop taking the bottle out half-way through to burp. As babies mature, they can usually finish the bottle w/o stopping to burp; he can burp when he's done. How old is he? If he's hungry, he will cry to get fed. All babies are different, and many don't respond well to CIO. If you meet your baby's needs promptly, he will be more secure and trusting of you. Hope this helps!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:25 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• HE is a baby. It isnt like he can talk to you. Maybe feed him more often? IF he gets so upset like that maybe you are going to long between feedings
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:34 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I don't know how old he is, but you can start with baby sign language... It really helped me to know what my baby was trying to say starting at 7 months.

Because babies don't know how else to speak they whine and cry. This is totally normal! Other than signing, try good ole patience.
    It won't be long before he will be talking non-stop!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:43 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Kind of sounds like you need to feed him more often. If he is THAT cranky by the time you are feeding him, then it sounds like you are waiting way too long.

My daughter only does that in the middle of the night. She will occasionally wake up when she is absolutely starving, so we rush to get her a bottle. During the day, I am able to keep tabs on her much more easily and it she never gets that worked up.

Good luck!
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 2:24 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Umm.. a baby that still requires you to feed them... should not be "crying it out" at any point, especially not to sleep since usually if they won't sleep this young they obviously need something...

And, you do realize you are probably causing this behavior? My son has not cried over hunger since he was a month old because I learned his hunger cues and feed him before he cries. He cries over frustration now, but never hunger, and they -shouldn't- cry over hunger if you feed them often. You should offer food more often and try to learn hunger cues so your baby doesn't have to cry like this.

Don't stop to burp him in the middle of the bottle. Just give him the bottle til he slows down eating to a trickle or rejects the bottle - then stop and burp - and offer it again. You don't have to just randomly take the bottle out of the babies mouth after whatever # oz.

And babies are never brats, they're babies!!
    Anonymous

• Perhaps you are not feeding him often enough and he's getting too hungry in between feedings. Brat? I don't think so.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• If you breastfeed and you respond right away to your baby's hunger cues than you don't have these problems. When you hear that breastfeeding is best - this is one of the reasons.

I agree that your baby is a baby not a brat and that babies should never cry it out.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2009