IS SHE GOING TO BE BIG? PLZ ANSWER

SO IM 35 WKS ALONG & BY MY SONOGRAM MY BABY GURL IS MEASURING ABOUT 5LBS & 14 OZ. NOW, EVERY BOOK OR WEBSITE THAT I HAVE READ SAY SHE SHOULD ONLY WEIGH ABOUT 5 LBS. & 4 OZ. I KNO ITS NOT MUCH MORE, BUT IM STILL WORRIED ABOUT HAVING A BIG BABY.

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 2:14 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They cannot be sure how much the baby weighs the further along you are the less accurate an ultrasound is at weight guessing. He could be big, small, or normal don't worry about it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:17 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• My daughter measured "big", but when she was born she weighed 7 lbs 3 ounces.

You can never know. Ultrasounds are not completely accurate. They can very a few pounds less or more...

If your doctor isn't worried, then you shouldn't be either. And if in doubt, ask for reassurance. =)
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 2:18 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• 5 plus lbs at 35 weeks isnt "big"
    At 35 weeks I measured ahead to 42 weeks and 8 lbs.
    Ultra sounds can be off a little as well.
    If I would had gone by the ultra sound my daughter would had been over 10 lbs but she was only 8 lbs 6 oz
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:23 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Eighth Month (Week 33-37)
    Your baby has grown to about 17 inches long and weighs about 6 pounds by the end of this month. The eyes are open and the baby changes position in the uterus. This position is maintained until the baby is born. During this month, you may gain 3 to 5 pounds. Continue your daily activities, with rest periods, but stop doing any heavy lifting or work that causes strain.

Ninth Month (Week 38-delivery)
    At 40 weeks, the baby is "full-term" and weighs from 6 to 9 pounds. Your baby settles further down into your pelvis and people will say that your baby has "dropped." You may feel more comfortable and your breathing will be easier, although you may need to urinate more frequently. You will be visiting your doctor every week until your baby is born.

http://www.netwellness.org/healthtopics/pregnancy/faq9.cfm

It differs for everyone.
    goldenraysofsun

Answer by goldenraysofsun at 2:29 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• when i went for my 32 week ultersound they said my baby girl is 5pounds and 5ounces already.. So no its not big at all
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:12 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• my friend was told her baby girl was big she was weighing at 8 lbs 10 oz this was at week 35 and she went into labor at 37 weeks and she weighed at birth 5 lbs 12 oz they can be wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• It's an estimate that can be very off. Try not to put too much energy into thinking about U/S info.
    Even if your baby is "big" then your baby is fine & healthy, growing well, yay!!

Are you having worries about your baby's health or your own complications?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• wait a minute, you are worried about a 10 oz difference in the "suggested" weight and the never acccurate u/s weight? I wouldnt trip on that AT ALL!! Those u/s weights are rarely right so although she may be 5.14 now according to it, she could be anywhere from 4.14 to 6.14... dont stress. And even if she is 5.14 and gains the "average" 1/2 pound a week and you have her at 40 weeks, that is still only 8 1/2 pounds which isnt technically a "big" baby
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• honey my son was born at 35 wks 2 days and he was 8 lbs 5 oz. 5lbs is not a big baby, don't even stress about it !
    suej27

Answer by suej27 at 3:02 AM on Dec. 27, 2009