God never changes

So then why do away with the feasts he required in the OT? I mean if God NEVER changes why did he do so?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ok so my question still isn't answered.
    Anonymous

• Jesus’ death resulted in the termination of the Mosaic Law covenant, as promised. Referring to its cancellation, Paul pointed out that God took the Law out of the way “by nailing it to the torture stake ['cross' RSV].” (Colosians 2:13,14) Everything has, is and will continue to unfold just as God always said it would. He hasn't changed.
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 7:40 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• The feast, ordinances, and services of the Mosaic law were a demonstration, or type, of what Christ was to do for us. God didn't change, He brought the Promise to fruition.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:08 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Christians like to point out that when Jesus died, they no longer had be chained to the OT laws, but nowhere did Jesus himself say that. He said he came to fulfill the law, not to change it- Matthew 5:17.

I think they follow the religion and word of Paul more so than the word of God and Jesus...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I think they follow the religion and word of Paul more so than the word of God and Jesus...
    -----------
    You as a non-believer can separate the NT into what Jesus said and what Paul said and what Peter,James, Luke or John says. Jesus surely said many things that are not written in the Bible, so how do you know Paul came up with these things on his own? How do you know he wasn't repeating things that Jesus did say? As a "humanist" you don't even believe in the supernatural (of the divine variety), right? Humanists (the ones I know) don't even believe Jesus ever existed.Humanism is only a dressed-up version of atheism. Unless you have now become a Unitarian Universalist?
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• "God" changes all the time. Depending on what christians want you to do or if they don't like you, god is either loving and peaceful, or he's going to send fire and brimstone then make you rot in hell.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 4:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2009