How much does your 4 month old weigh?

My daughter is 4 months old and is 16 in something lbs, and is 21 inches long. Lol she is going side way's in her weight instead of long weighs, all though I have a feeling she will be on a growth spert soon. My cousin's daughter is 13 months old at 20 lbs. She doesn't look healthy, and has not gained any weight since she was 6 months old, she wont feed her formula as a supplement just breast milk. So I am a bit confused. My baby looks very healthy, I nurse her, but supplement when she seems to want more and I can't keep up.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 2:33 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was about 14 1/2 pounds at 4 months. 24 3/8ths inches long.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 2:35 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• My daughter was 13 -14 lbs
    Now she is 8 months and 22 lbs 30 inches. She is very tall LOL Her dr said she is the size of most 1 plus year olds.
    She is even in 12 - 18 month clothes :( She is growing up so fast!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:37 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Oh Wow! Yeah see that seems normal, just 2 more lbs then yours, I was a little worried, that the baby sitters just keep feeding her bottles when ever she makes a fess. Which is not good to do. So I am going to start having My cousin watch her a little more often. She knows what I like and always listens to me when she watches her, where My fn.riend does it more her way based on her children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• My baby was probably about 15lbs at 4 months.

That said, 20lbs is a perfectly normal weight for a 1 y/o. I know a 2 y/o who only weighs 20lbs (She's TINY!). Babies slow way down on weight gain after 6 months. They start moving and burning off calories... as long as she's meeting milestones, she's perfect. There's absolutely nothing wrong with mom not giving her formula.

There is, however, a possible problem with you giving formula when you feel you aren't meeting her needs. Which is that it will decrease your supply. See, your body has to get a demand in order to know how much milk to make. Baby has to make the demand. How she does that is to act fussy and unsatisfied for a few days. If you give formula to prevent that behavior, your body won't get the signals to make more milk.

Stop giving formula and nurse on demand. Watch diapers, 6 a day and she's getting enough milk.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:51 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Babies slow way down on weight gain after 6 months

HA I wish LOL Our daughter is a little piggy. She doesnt eat alot but she just gains weight like crazy. Its almost like ever inche she gets she gains 2 -3 lbs LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• 15 pounds and something ounces.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 6:15 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• DD was about 12lbs. She's almost 7m/o now and 3wks ago she was about 13lbs11oz. Some babies are just smaller. My neighbor has a 18lb 14m/o. That little girl is running and talking. I agree w/ PP. If she's meeting milestones and making enough wet diapers, she's getting enough. I think people put way too much emphasis on weight gain.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 7:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• My dd was 19lbs at 4 months, and now at 7 months she is 22lbs. All babies are different. I wouldn't worry about it. If your dr. isn't than u shouldn't be either.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• mine is 13.12 and 25.5 inches long.
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 1:02 AM on Dec. 27, 2009