If you are having people over for New Years Eve, what are you serving?

We are having a few people over, one is a child. I don't know if to make a dinner like lasagne or enchildas or something like that. Or to go with a shrimp platter, veggie platter and meat and cheese platter. Any ideas? What will you be serving? I just found out today that we were doing this and I don't have the money to grocery shop until the day of New Years Eve

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 3:02 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Holidays

• arrange on a platter (row of tomatoes overlapped slightly by row of mozzarella). Drizzle with olive oil and top with fresh basil. Yummy. There's also ham pinwheels. I take 8 oz block of cream cheese and small can diced green chilis. With a mixer, blend it well. Spread about 2 tbsp on a 8" flour tortilla. lay a couple slices thick sliced ham lunch meat on and roll it up tight. Should make quite a few rolls (I normally get about 8 rolls) then refrigerate for a few hours and slice into 1" slices. They go fast!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:35 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I would do something easy. Do a bunch of finger foods of different sorts. I would do a cheese and cracker tray, some fresh fruit (apple slices, grapes, whatever is available and easy), a meat tray (you can do proscuitto, salami, pepperoni, etc and put it with the cheese and crackers), If you need something more substantial, you could make pigs in a blanket. Buy a package of little smokies and 2 packages of crescent roll dough. heat the oven according to the dough directions. cut into 1/2" wide strips the length of the dough. Wrap a strip around each little smokie and bake til the crescent roll is done. Kids and adults both love them :). Also a caprese salad might be nice if you do the cheese and meat platters, kind of like a mediterranean thing. Just buy some nice tomatoes and some fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil (fresh mozzarella is the round ball of mozzarella). Slice tomatoes and mozzarella about 1/4" thick. CONT
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:32 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Wow that sounds delicious, thank you so much for the great ideas. I'm going to copy these and it's what I'm going to make. Thank you again. You just made my life so much easier!!
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:31 AM on Dec. 26, 2009