why are toys so darn hard to get into?

me and hubby spent soooo long trying to pry toys open for the kids they forgot they had presents...lol. its like they pack these toys as if they are hostages in their own packages...or for display only, not to play with....geezus!!! anyone else notice this? btw this is the 1st Christmas we have celebrated as parents/married couple...long story...so thats why this is a shock to us and probably are rookies at this stuff...lol

Babiluv80

Asked by Babiluv80 at 4:35 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL, They are tough but if you think of how many people try to steal I would imagine it is to try to prevent some of that . LOL
    I know what you mean though this is our daughters 1st christmas and she got this doll . I swear we needed a chainsaw to get it out LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:37 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I've had to use power tools to get toy cars out of packages before!!! I spent about a total of 45 minutes tonight getting toys out of packages!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:50 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Let's not forget the batteries for the toys that give you a workout too. LOL

OMG...my twins each got a transformer, HUGE box, really not necessary to be so big, but the transformer was wrapped in a plastic cover then it had those stupid twisty ties all over it with the black "strap" with the holes in it to put the twisty ties through, and one of the ties was in between the transformers "neck" and I couldn't stick my fingers in there to even attempt to untie it. Was crazy. Their dad was cussing up a storm and I was trying to keep the holiday spirit of Christmas eve and it was just ridiculous.

I'm thinking since most toys are made in China these days, there are these chinese people thinking up ways to torment american parents during the holidays. LOLLL they figure 50 twisty ties for one elmo doll should do the trick and make sure to put them in inconspicuous places so when parents try to pull it out it's still stuck.lol
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:55 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• It's to make it too hard for people to steal the toys out of boxes in the store - just think, if they were easier to get out, you'd see a fair number of empty boxes on store shelves not only at Christmastime but year-round - whether it's for a birthday, a holiday gift, or just because, people would steal them out of the packaging if it were easier!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Dec. 26, 2009