Does anyones kids dig in their butts when they poop and eat it?

My son is 17 months and i have a problem with him pooping and then trying to reach his hand down there to eat it. So nasty! Please give me some info for what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine never did, but I do have a friend whose son does that, and she's having a rough time with it. I don't have a whole lot of info on what to do, but I know she just keeps on removing his hand from his diaper, washing his hand, and telling him no every time he does it and he's finally getting better about it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:48 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• no idea, my son did it once and he just sat there screaming caca ( duh ). He never did it again. Good luck though :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:33 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• You may want to get him checked out. There are disorders that cause kids/people to eat/want to eat crazy bad things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• mine doesn't eat it:she smears it on the wall, crib or bed clothes. lol. I have to put her to bed in a onsie and full zip up pajamas to denture her! she can unzip the pj's now so they are just to slow her down and the onsie is to keep the diaper on but it sure doesn't keep her hands out!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2009