How can I get rid of thrush once and for all?

Im nursing 24 month old twins. We've been battling thrush since my son was given antibiotics in the NICU. We've been treated by doctors many times and it just comes back. I'm so sad and don't know what do to anymore. It's become a part of our lives. HELP

Suned38

Asked by Suned38 at 8:05 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make sure that you are VERY clean when feeding them
    Also boil any and all toys and pacifires that they use.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:08 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• What have they been giving you? I tried Nystatin, which didn't do anything. Diflucan knocked it out completely for me. Three pills for me (taken every other day) and liquid Diflucan for my baby.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:47 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Two years of thrush!

I recommend reading all the info on the LLL website and on www.kellymom.com and following the suggestions.

If you still can't get rid of the thrush, I would be concerned. Thrush that won't go away is one of the warning signs of primary immune deficiency diseases. My three sons, grandson, and I all have a primary immune deficiency disease called common variable immunodeficiency. There are 10 warning signs and if you have 2 signs it is recommended that further testing be done for genetic immune problems. I didn't have onset of the disease until I was 32.

http://www.pbn.com/detail/46089.html
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2009