• In the Spotlight:

During your weight loss journey did you reward yourself with something along the way?

Say for every 5 or 10 pounds that you lost? What was it? Or how did you do it? Did it help keep you motivated?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 8:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I rewarded myself with new clothes, healthy magazine subscriptions and things I would enjoy to keep myself motivated.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Not really. My reward/motivation came from stepping on the scale each week to see what I had lost. At the end of it all I got a new outfit and went out with my husband for our anniversary. It was really nice and I felt so good that I was able to accomplish my goals. (-=
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 8:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I used non food rewards..now with that said I never did deprieve myself though.I would reward myself with every jean size I dropped.Mani,pedi,new clothes etc.Now since
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• sorry about that lol...anyways since I have achieved my goal,its maintainence.Its important to reward yourself when reaching goals.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I started dieting last This Jan 2009.. and have lost over 90lbs. I would reward myself once a week.. And I would eat just about anything I wanted.. I still lost weight.... So, Rewarding yourself once a week.. Wont DESTROY your weight loss goals.
    GlitterMEpInk

Answer by GlitterMEpInk at 1:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• My husband is trying this. If I manage to lose 5 pounds in a month then I get like a $50 item, like a video game or a tv season or something like that. I get a dishwasher if I manage to lose 10 pounds in 2 months! so yays! halfway there!
    TBSNBubblegum

Answer by TBSNBubblegum at 6:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I liked the ABS diet. Once a week you can splurge....so I did. After a while you don't feel like you need to splurge any more. I think that just being able to if you want to makes a difference. That way you don't get bogged down with guilt over screwing up.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Just a note for those trying to lose weight.. Take Vitamin B12.. It boosts your metabolism, and helps burn calories when you do cardio. :) Alot of weight is water weight.. So, Cut out the pork, sodas, and use salt as little as possible.. I've lost as much as 10lbs in 1 week from doing that.

GlitterMEpInk

Answer by GlitterMEpInk at 5:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2009