Has your child pooped their pants on purpose?

My son now for the third time in three days has pooped his pants on purpose. He has done it when he is mad at me for not letting him do something. The third time was this morning when I told we had to stop playing and get dressed and go out to meet friends. He gave me a hard time and went to his room and I went and checked on him 10 minutes later and he did it again!! I wanted to spank his bottom but I didn't and help him clean himself up and asked him why and he told me because he was Mad. What Should do?

terry82380

Asked by terry82380 at 8:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• How old is he? If he is old enough and knows what he is doing, then I would make him clean it up himself. I would also talk to him about ways to express his anger so that he stops doing this.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 10:19 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• It's a form of control. He's showing you that he has control over something in his life. What I would do is see what he's having problems with regarding you controlling everything in his life and compromise. Let him pick out his clothes or choose what to eat for a meal...start with those simple things then give him choices of other things as well. Don't be a tyrant (he obviously sees you as one). Work with him. Be a flexible mom, not just someone who gives commands. Once he feels in control of something he'll stop that.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2009