what kind of charity paying it forward did you do for holidays?

southernstarr

Asked by southernstarr at 9:19 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Holidays

• not being contrary but doing it in secret is part of the blessing. if I tell folks then it might seem like bragging and that would defeat the purpose. suffice it to say there was plenty of paying it forward done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• We adopted a family of 3 boys and bought them clothes and toys.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 10:10 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I donate to Salvation Army year around.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:28 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I adopted four families of our community, bought toys for the kids, clothes and food, very rewarding experience. I do this every year.

Answer by older at 10:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Anon 9:57- I don't see it that way. I like these posts because it lets me know about all the different types of charity there are. I think if you want to keep it anon, then you can just hit the anon button, so then no one would know that it was you, and we get to learn about different charities.

Op, to answer your question, this year we really could not afford to pay it forward like we have in past years. We have donated change to the Salvation Army and I was hoping to get to volunteer at a local soup kitchen, but it did not work out. In the next few months, I am hoping we will be able to get our finances back on track and be able to volunteer money and time to our local homeless shelter and to one of the charities that my grandmother use to always donate too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• we also donate year round.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Im choosing to remain anonymous for the first time in a reply, simply because I dont want to toot my own horn about giving or charity work, but feel that the organization we donated to deserves a place in the spotlight. We donated to Operation Christmas Child, an organization where you put together a box of goodies (shoe box sized) that in turn gets sent to a needy child who wouldnt otherwise have a christmas. I love giving to them (you can do as many shoe boxes as you want) and it really gets the kids into the spirit of giving when they get the opportunity to pick out the presents for another child their age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Going to send money to woman to help her get away from her abusive ex.
    Anonymous

• Helped 35 different families with clothes and toys for this Christmas. Plus gift cards and such. We donate to the USO, Salvation Army, and Air Force Aid Society. Don't need it to be Christmas to help others out and donate our time and money to help others. Putting it on Anon because who I am isn't important. It's more important that others see that there are those who care enough about humanity and want to help as many as possible.
    Anonymous

• I sponsor a child through Plan USA. That's a year-round thing but my donation is set up to come out once a year in December since that is when I began my sponsorship 3 years ago. My family also took two names off of "giving trees," one from Wal-Mart and one through my employer. I always try to pick children that are close to my son's age so he can help pick things out and learn about the spirit of giving to others. I gave a little to Salvation Army and a small amount of cash to a guy whose car had run out of gas. We also go through our belongings and donate outgrown clothes and toys to Goodwill.
    Anonymous