18 month girl with a rash on her chest

she has had it for about 2 months now, its just little bumps every were. i have tried puting a and d on it, protrolium jelly. any sugestions?she hasnt had anything new for an alergic reaction to happen. hubby says not to make an apotment becouse they will just give us an over the counter cream.( we pay our own medical) the a and d onitment has been working on her face it has been getting chapped. she doesnt drool or drop food on there.i have also tried wiping her with a wash cloth instead of a wipe

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 9:40 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's probably a heat rash. I realize it's not summer, but heat rashes can occur from the sweat on their bodies settling on their skin and irritating it(too much moisture). If she's bundled up alot too, that will exaggerate it too. Try keeping her in button down shirts and have the first few buttons open to allow it to air out. Her face is in the "open" so it's airing out better whereas her shirts or jammies are containing the moisture.

If she's had this for two months, I'd most definitely call her pediatrician and tell hubby to shut up.(just kidding, sorry in a mood from another post I'm still fuming about my SO and him being an idiot LOL) Seriously though, 2 months is too long to have something like that. Even if it is just a creme, chances are it's medicated a little more and will relieve her of this rash quicker. It's worth spending the money on it versus her being uncomfortable and the rash possibly spreading.

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• It is most likely a heat rash or possibly eczema. Rashes can be so many different things! My oldest daughter always had rashes, anywhere till age two, from many things ( even had Scarlet Fever) . You can try this but please take that baby to the doctor/ clinic: mix in equal amounts- A & D, 1% hydrocortisone cream & zinc cream or zinc oxide. You can get all 3 over the counter; a nurse taught me this & said it is the same as the triple antibiotic cream they prescribe. Personally I would just take her to a professional! BEST WISHES!!!

sdc9579

Answer by sdc9579 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Mixing A&D, hydrocortisone cream and zinc oxide isn't the same as triple antibiotic cream! This has no antibiotics and triple antibiotic cream has 3 antibiotics.

There are lots of rashes but few treatments. Eczema comes and goes day by day and doesn't look like what most people would call a rash. It probably isn't diaper rash so zinc oxide probably won't help. A&D doesn't do much for anything.

Make sure you are washing her clothes in laundry soap for sensitive skin. If you have your own washer, run them through an extra rinse. It may be allergic.

I would try hydorcortosone cream, you can get it at the dollar store. It's probably not an infection so triple antibiotic wouldn't do any good. Witch hazel may help.

We have a lot of skin problems in our family. I have allergies and get eczema and diaper rash.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• My bad, I apologize! I was wrong, she said it was pretty much the same thing as Triple Paste that the doctors give you. That was along time ago & I suffer from C.R.S., lol. No need to hate!

It does work on other rashes besides diaper rashes, I know because I used it on my kids! It won't work on all rashes (of course not)! I am just trying to provide advice from experience; I am not a doctor! It could be allergies, yeast infection ( you can get them other places), fungal, heat rash.... a number of things. Since it has been two months, I would take her to the doctor; sounds like a stubborn rash! A doctor can help you better than any of us!!! I hope everything works out Sweetie!!!

sdc9579

Answer by sdc9579 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2009