What does blood in the uterus look like in an ultrasound? Or can the untrained eye not even see it?

Ok, I have my U/S pictures...I am trying to figure out where the bleed is. Every shot of baby is clear with no particles or anything that looks like a mass ... the U/S tech told me the bleeding had "dropped" so what does that mean? Is it outside of where the baby is? CLoser to my cervix? Good/bad?

I just hate that my questions could not be answered until the Dr returns on monday.

Baby looked great at 12 wks and was buzzing all around...heart rate was 169

I guess I was really hoping the tech would say....alas! no more bleeding! But at least it did not get worse...but what does "it dropped" mean?

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

-Jenn

DisneyBride13

Asked by DisneyBride13 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The u/s tech was nice enough to give me 20 some odd photos...so of course I have been obsessing over them trying to find where the bleeding is :(
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I would assume it means the bleeding has dropped off- there is less of it. I also think it's a good sign that he gave you the pictures. A friend of mine thought she was having a miscarriage so we went for an US at the hospital. The te\ch told her she couldn't give her any info, but basically said if anything were wrong she wouldn't be giving her pictures to take home.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 10:05 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I had blood clots with my last baby, they just looked like black circles / dots on the u/s, I was never told anything about dropping off, just that they would resolve themselves and yeah, I got pictures to take home and here he is a year later. I'm an expert at looking at u/s (had one like every 3 weeks throughout my last pregnancy), so if you want me to take a crack at it let me know !
    suej27

Answer by suej27 at 2:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2009