pregnancy rash!

i went to my 31 week checkup and my dr told me i have a pregnancy rash. well all she told me to do was use oatmeal soap. but it is not working what can i use to make it stop itching. it is driving me crazy!

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i heard if it keeps spreading that the only way to cure it is to deliver the baby its because lal the hormones an stuff are doing it so good luck an remember put sumthn cold on it because it stops the itching anything to do with heat makes therashworse!!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• My sister is having the same problem... they told her to use calamine lotion (I think that's how it's spelled) Now it's moved from her belly to her arms and legs but the lotion seems to help for a while, plus don't take hot showers or baths... maybe put a cold wash rag on your belly.

GL
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• it isnt on my belly it is on my arms and legs
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Yeah, that's where my sisters is now, she's due next week and got it about a month ago... I would try calamine lotion and a cold washrag. That's gotta be miserable, I am sorry :( Hope it gets better for ya.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Yep, I had this for awhile the first 2 months of my pregnancy. You can't take hot showers or do too much that gets you overworked..the rash flares up with heat. I just let it run it's course, but a friend of mine did give me oatmeal lotion, and keeping my skin moist seemed to help alittle. But other than that, you just have to deal. Its a virus, so theres nothing they can really give you to make it go away. I'd do lotion and oatmeal baths.
    2010Mommy2be

Answer by 2010Mommy2be at 1:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2009