How to respond to this! HELP!

So I dated a guy a total of 4 times and he slowly stopped calling/texting me.. I saw the writing on the wall and left him be. Today I get this:

"Hey there. Hope you had a great Christmas.

So, I've recently realized that my life right now doesn't afford much of an opportunity for the whole dating thing. With my daughter moving again and the 2 businesses, I just don't have the time or energy to properly make any kind of relationship work. It's a bit frustrating, but my head needs to be in a different place right now. I didn't want you to think that I disappeared for some strange reason, like a hoodie ;) I enjoy hanging out with you, it's just hard to do so with as chaotic as my life is."

Not sure how to respond or if to respond ... names have been changed to protect the innocent :) At least he waiting until after Christmas LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like he doesn't really want a relationship right now (or has realized he is not ready for one) but at least he is being honest with you and not just leaving you wondering what is going on. I would just say thanks for being up front with me and leave it at that.
    Anonymous

• I'd just write back "ok" and let that be it. I wouldn't make a big deal of it either way. I am guessing he just wants to be friends so don't invest a lot of your time, energy or self.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I would just tell him "Thanks for letting me know, I enjoyed hanging out with you too and I hope everything works out for you." I'm really not good at this responding stuff either but I hope this helps a little. GL
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Dont write back. Some people write that on everyones pages just to.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I would answer. "I'm sorry, WHO is this again?"

hahaha
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• it's a "dear jane" letter...the propper thing would be to NOT respond at all. It's his way of telling you it won't work out and he doesn't want to try.

Just move on.
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Not responding at all would be fine.....as would responding with the simple "Thanks for letting me know" or something like that. As long as you don't take it mean anything other than the END of the relationship, either would be okay.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Aw thats sad I would a message like that,doesnt do much for self esteem.
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt respond either, why should you? I mean hes not being rude, but it would've been better if he actually called u, instead of a text. jmo.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2009