50 dollar gift card...what to do...

do I go practical and get the curtains I need or the shoe door hanger for the garage door so everyone's shoes are off the floor...Or do I go fun and get a new game for our new Wii (gift) or a comfy rode or new clothes...We have like negative 6 dollars in the account until DH check is deposited tomorrow, and well, that's really spent to. I need help I really want to be practical but at the sme time I never get myself anything...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Can't you go half...?
    It's after xmas, which means that there's going to be a TON of sales. Maybe get some curtains that you particularly love and find some for a relatively good price, and whatever's left, find something for yourself. Even if it's something little.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Go for getting something for yourself on sale!

I haven't gotten a new item of clothing other than underware or socks in years.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I would do practical.
    Anonymous

• Since it is unfound money, put the gift card away and forget about it until you see something you really like or really need.
    You don't have to spend it right now and if you go out to spend it just because you have it, then you may regret the purchase later on.
    Just let things calm and settle down for awhile before thinking about what to buy.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• How about taking the kids or husband out for a dinner and movie? Or just treat yourself to something nice. Fifty dollars do not go too far in this world anymore, so why not treat you or your family.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• The sales are amazing now so you may be able to do several things. FYI: we had the door shoe rack and no one used it anyway so that can wait imo. How important are the curtains? I bought mine at an outlet at 1/4 the cost in a store. Make spending that money fun. Do a scavenger hunt for all the things you want. Make a day of it with the family so make it entertaining.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I would buy something practical. Considering you have negative amount in your bank account and the check that is coming in is already spent - practicle sounds like a must.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Buy yourself something nice... if this is your christmas present then it should be spent on you plus if it's for a certain place then you can't pay bills with it anyways.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• LOL I just had this conversation with my DH last night. I went practical...he thought I should have gotten something for myself...but, I feel better having gotten what I did. So it's not all bad.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Was it a gift for you or the family? I know that when I spend my birthday/Christmas money on practical things, I hear a lecture about it - I should be buying myself something. I'd go for the Wii game if that's what you really want.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 1:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2009