Need support with a decision I have to make

I have to go up on my high blood pressure meds and I'm scared of the side effects,possible side effects,swelling in the legs that means more water retention,since I'm on some drugs for stresss, I'm getting water retention from them causing my stomach to stick out.I need support,someone to say you can do it and keep me pumped up to take more of my hbp meds when things get scary.Can you offer some words of encouragement?If I don't take the hbp meds,my life will be in scrambles so I really have no choice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You have no choice, so there is no decision to make! Hope for the best, expect the worst. If the worst happens to your body, you still have control over your mind. I have 2 amazing friends who are going through a TON of health problems. One of them was a total knockout; perfect body, gorgeous face, amazing hair....and to top it off, she's smart and sweet and funny! But she has been diagnosed with MS, brain tumors, and other things. She has almost no energy and she has gained alot of weight. Normally, the weight gain would have been complete devastation for a pretty girl. But her attitude is outstanding, positive, happy. I can't imagine going through what she is and still getting up every day (err most days anyway) and smiling and loving and laughing still.

I thank God for her inspiration because if I had to go through similar, I have her to keep me going. YOU CAN DO IT! I'TS CAKE! :)
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Yeah, you need to keep a positive attitude, and it will be fine. Just think what would happen if you did not take the meds. I'm so sorry, but this is all the advice i have.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Tell your doctor your concerns and ask for a hbp med that won't cause problems. I did and I'm fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• The problems that I will have if I don't take the meds is I won't be able to sleep.The pills I'm on relax me better than any sleep drug.So I hate sleep pills and think it's better to take the stress meds than be sleep deprived.
    Anonymous

• You can completely and totally get through this. : ) I promise! A short run down of the medical problems that I have been and am dealing with: Head injury at 9 resulting in seizures for which I still take 12 tablets of meds per day for, breast cancer with lumpectomy, chemotherapy, and tamoxifen treatment for, and recently lupus with severe sun sensitivity to the point that I cannot be in the sun more than 5 minutes without a dreadful rash, even in the winter. I do my best to get up and count my blessings and be thankful for every single new day with my family. I look hard for the positive....and so frequently find it all around me. You can do this Mamma! : )
    Anonymous

• You can ask the doctor for diuretics for the water retention...or a change in hbp meds.....I know many people on hbp meds and they are fine....I do think you can do this, and it can certainly be fine. Talk to your doctor about any side effects.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Well, I'm on bp meds but feel I need a higher dosage - what I'm on now doesn't seem to help. In the end, won't the results be better than not going up in dosage? To me it's worth it. I suggest finding natural ways to lower you bp too though - watch your sodium intake, stress levels, meditate, lower your caffeine intake if you drink coffee/soda, even eating less refined sugar can help. GL momma!
    Anonymous