36 Weeks and 3 Days. And 1 cm Dialated

I am dialated 1 and this is my 2nd child. But my doctor says the baby is measuring big, and i have to have an ultrasound done. Will he induce if the baby is too big?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my dd I was induced, but two days late. We shared with my dr that we were okay with the thought and he felt it was necessary bc of the size of the baby. Every dr is different, but it the baby size is a concern, then express that to your dr. You are going weekly now, I assume??? Ask him/her. There is some medical term for when the baby gets too big, I don't remember what it was but do know that he was concerned about it.
    Mommytobe618

Answer by Mommytobe618 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• sometimes doctors will induce if the baby is getting to big, i know some of the decision is based on the mothers size and if they think she can give birth naturally, i know i might get bashed for saying that since i know there are a lot of people that dont believe in induction. but talk to your doctor and tell him/her you are concerned about it (if you are)

keep us posted!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• He most likely wont induce, at least not this early. 1 cm at 36 weeks is nothing and definitely means your cervix is not "favorable" meaning it wouldnt take so well to an induction, at least not at this point. Just because your uterus is measuring big doesnt mean that the baby is
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I was induced at 36 weeks when I was measuring 1 cm and had a quick easy labor.

Anonymous