nausea

I'm starting to get sick, but not throwing up, just nausea. It's quite annoying b/c I'd rather throw up, get it out of my system and feel better. The only thing that calms my stomach is pepsi but I know pepsi isn't good during pregnancy (well, not a lot). What else could I do? I've been drinking pepsi all day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anything with ginger will help settle your stomach, I never did throw up during my last pregnancy but I had SUPER bad nausea, it was awful and I had some #2 issues a lot ( I know, TMI) but all that I could keep down in the mornings would be a homemade vanilla milkshake with ginger syrup mixed in, it was so good and it helped to settle me so that I didnt feel like I needed to throw up.
    Have you tried sea bands? They go on your wrists and put pressure on certain pressure points that help get rid of the nauseus feeling.
    Good luck!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 11:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Personally, I would just drink whatever you can keep down (expect alcohol, of course) but drink as much water as you do pepsi because caffeine is a dieretic and will actually make your more dehydrated than drinking nothing at all. So for every pepsi you drink, drink a cup of water.

If you arent throwing up then I am sure your doc wont do anything about it. There are anti-nausea meds but they do have slight risks so the docs tend to save them for when you cant keep anything down.

Try lemons or lemonaide and see if that helps. And eat alot of bland food so that its easier for your belly to digest. How far along are you?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Wow. I feel your pain. I had severe nausia and threw up alot when I was pregnant. Trust me, throwing up does not make it better like when you are sick. You should at least try switching to ginger ale. It is slightly less harmfull than pepsi and the ginger actually helps a little with nausia. I also drank a lot of milk and ate a lot of soup. Nothing will make it go away entirely but sometimes you can get a little relief.
    duganhorse

Answer by duganhorse at 2:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Thanks! I'm 6 weeks
    Anonymous

• Go to where you can buy all natural ingredients. It is called Extra Ginger Brew All Natural or some call it Ginger Beer. My midwife told me about it with my first and use it all the time. All you need is a sip. They put the rest in the firge. It is strong tasting but it really helped me. i hope you can find something that works.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2009