Why does my stupid MIL give out the dumbest gift?

My dumbass Mil gave us these cheap plate chargers. I don't even use those. Maybe i can shove her her you know what where the sun does not shine. why do people give out give out stupid crap for X-mas. She can save that 5.00 and buy her some makeup. she need it,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Plate chargers? what the hell is that?
    Anonymous

• Plate chargers are sort of cool. I bought mine at Target for 48 cents (yes I'm cheap) but I use them to set candles on and make a centerpiece. It's lovely. If you like candles, try that.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Many people give the sort of things that they like, thinking if I like it, so will they. It's the thought that counts. The comment about the make-up, was that to be derogatory? You are coming across as ungrateful and angry that she got you this gift. It's really immature and self-serving.
    Anonymous

• A plate charger is a "plate" to set a plate on to serve with. (essentially a plate on a plate is how it looks on the table) It makes it easier for formal dining...so the server doesn't stick their thumb in your food I guess!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Repurposing a plate charger can be fun. Now I'm going to sit here and think what all they can be used for instead of their original purpose. Maybe you can ask for repurposing ideas in the craft category or go online and see what else they can be used for. This might be fun!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• really? there are a LOT of moms who got nothing! you should be thankful she got you anything at all! my REAL mother didn't even get me anything!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• It's the thought that counts... I hate chocolate and I got a couple of boxes for christmas... I made a joke about how my family should know me better than that but all in all I am glad that they thought about me. Maybe you should tell her to forget about you next year... the most important thing is what did the kids get from her... did they like their gifts?
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• What else is going on here? People over 15 don't put that much value on gifts. Seems to me your problem with your MIL goes way beyond plate chargers.
    Anonymous

• You sound like such a spoiled little brat. If you were my DIL I would get you something stupid too with an attitude like that.

If you dont like it then give it to someone less fortunate than yourself
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 2:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• be thankful she got you anything at all. i bet if she didn't get you something but got something for everyone else, you'd still be pissed. admit you just don't like her, because it seems that's what it is. don't make it about the gift cause you'd be mad at her regardless.
    Anonymous