Would you still love your child?

If they said they wanted to be the other sex. Like if you have a boy and he seriously said he wanted to be a girl or vica versa. Would you still love your transgender child and accept them or would you tell them it is wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sure why not?
    Anonymous

• Yes I would still love my child. The spirit within would still be the same. If they want to change the outside then I'd support them. I don't see any difference between that an other life changing plastic surgery.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Absolutely!
    duganhorse

Answer by duganhorse at 2:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I will always love and accept my children no matter what.

Answer by older at 2:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I would and will should it occur! Only because people are so cruel and if no one is supportive at home how could they possibly survive the taunts from ignorant and closed minded people!? I know its a sin but I believe in order for a child at any age to be supported no matter what due to the unbelievable injustice gays go through!!! I had gay friends(male) and I did not judge them because I do not want to be judge myself by others for what they disagree with about my life style choices! I am straight but I have 4 kids out of wedlock!!! A child's selfesteem starts at home from the parents, so if a child is put down for any reason or disowned for any reason their spirit dies, the ability to have the belief they can do and be anything they dream or wish to be is lost!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I was loved by my mother conditionally as well as I fell into a maritial relationship that had conditions placed on me. My love for my children is one hundred percent unconditional in that whatever decisions they follow up on that result in hardship, I will always love them.

Someone who places conditions of religions and/or of sexual behavior forcing fear, intense discomfort, self disrespect into another is wrong.

My two kids of three are grown, another a teen. We have a great relationship because our love is unconditional. We each sometimes discuss sometimes we don't discuss our personal decisions. But we have each other we can talk to after a decision to share the joy and sometimes to share the hardship or sorrow.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• No question I'd love my child and would help them with reassignment surgery if that's what they needed. Murder would be a different story.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Would I agree with it and believe that it was perfectly ok? Honestly, No. But would I support them and love and cherish them no matter what? A resounding yes, their choices are just that, THEIR choices, I may not support what they want with their life in many areas but my love for them would not change.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 2:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Yes
    irishmama1007

Answer by irishmama1007 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Of course I would. The love of a mother is supposed to be UNCODITIONAL not filled with clauses, guidelines, loopholes, and conditions.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2009