my son has cavernous angioma does anyone have a child with this condition?

cavernous angioma is a condition that are mutiple blood cots in the brain they cause chronic headaches, seizures, epilepsy. my son suffers from this he has 11 blood cots in his brain. he suffers from minor seizures and he cant talk he only says a few words he struggles alot to speak. and it is killing me he talks with the baby talk mumbles a lot. it is very hard to deal and cope with this but i would like to know if there are any other moms like me who are going through this?

shoegal1787

Asked by shoegal1787 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You probably won't find anyone else on this website. There are websites for people with rare diseases and for children with rare diseses. You might try these websites and discussion boards. My children have a rare blood disorder and I answer questions from other parents with children with the disorder for an organization.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I have never heard of your childs disease. It sounds like your baby is very sick. Is there a treatment or cure?
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 5:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Look at www.angioma.org or become a member of the charity www.cavernoma.org.uk. PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a rare condition. Depending which study you look at, cavernous angiomas are as common as 1 in 200 or, asymptomatically, 1 in 600.
    ianstu

Answer by ianstu at 5:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2009