Moms in tough relationships or without a partner, how're you holding up this holiday season.

I'm reminding myself to draw strength from my kids. They're pretty grown so I know their incredible selfrespect does exist that I'd hoped for them and that strengthens me. Seeing them as adults in relationships of respect that I didn't have, but they clearly know is the right way to be just brings me to tears knowing they believe I was mistreated not that I was too emotional or a liar.

lfl

Asked by lfl at 2:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm doing my best day by day, like most I imagine. I try hard to look for the positive in even the worst of circumstances. My children are grown now too and know that I am struggling...I am overcome by their generosity to me this Christmas, not just in their gifts, but in their love. It is priceless. : )
    Anonymous

• oh anon218 isn't that the TRUTH?? To have the gifts of our children nearly grown and grown, mine are teens and two in their twenties and they all have carried on in their lives in ways that are typically age appropriate but yet respectful to themselves and me. I ache cuz of my husband so much and then think of my kids. They're not like him in their loves. They're like me. You and I are so lucky!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I am actually doing great... remembering last year and when I was in a relationship makes me smile even more this year, now that I am no longer in one. My little man is all I need to be happy :o)
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Doing great!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have to deal with crabby families, going to more than 1 house to celebrate. Being without someone doesn't have to be a bad or sad thing. I would rather be alone and happy than be with someone and unhappy. I am HAPPY to be single, I get to do my own thing, make my own decisions, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I spent the holidays volunteering my time. My teenagers are in another state visiting their Dad, Grandmothers and oldest brother. I'm very proud that they've received the best from both parents.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I DON'T HAVE MY KIDS- THE FATHER DOES,SO I'M BY MYSELF. IT USE TO BOTHER ME,BUT NO MORE, ASI CAN DIO ASI PLEASE AND NOT WORRY ABOUT THEM. I DON'T EVEN HEAR FROM THEM ON CHRISTMAS,NEW YEARS-- BUT KARMA-I BELEIVE--- THEIR OWN WILL BE TWICE AS WORSE AS THEM...
    Anonymous