Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am i wrong for keeping his son away from him?

My son's father left me for another woman ...twice..yes 2 times...2 different women...the last time we had a blow up as you can imagine and it ended in us not speaking and have not seen or talked in over a year. thats including our son he doesnt call or come see him ...he tried last christmas but the thing is him and his new beau shopped for his presents after she sent a message that i still have on my phone saying she would have someone to kill me and my son to stay out of her way...this girl has no morals , respect , or manners..i hate 2 say it but she is trash ...i made him choose her or his son and he told me he wanted both and that i would have to get over them being together...this is after he even seen the text she sent about killing me and his son 2!! now im in the middle of child support and i really dunno if i should let him see him ...he has the other girl knocked up !

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (14)
  • Yeah, if my husband was seeing a woman who threatened my son's life there is no way in HELL I would let him be with my ex husband if she was in the picture. I would get a restraining order against her have proof of a threat!


    Answer by all4mymarine at 2:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • Has the gf made any other threats? Did you at least file a report with the police? I would certainly give them a heads up because this is your life and your son's life, especially now that you are trying to get child support from DS's father and she is knocked up. Do everything you can to protect yourself from this woman.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • Yeah, i agree that you should file a report with the police also. She sounds psychotic and dangerous. You are in no way wrong to keep your child from him and his dangerous girlfriend. Sounds like your the only one who has his best interest at heart.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • thanks for the answers...that txt was from october of last year..i didnt go to the police but my CS worker is aware of it...the "new" grl..she sends messages on myspace all about the CS case he hasnt said anything about it not one time but her she wont hush about it ..she all the time sayin well we moved you'll have to file somewhere else and he doesnt work you wont get anything from him and if u keep us from him that will be jail time for you...this grl has a lil grl thats 2 my son is almost 4 ..well she lost her lil grl when the baby was about 3 months and has yet to get her back..tneither 1 of them can hold a job, they bum places to live they bum money and not to mention they both have criminal records ...its jus an awful situation ...and i love my son very much he is my life and i will do anything to protect him! she hasnt made any other threat jus that 1 ...its enough to loose all respect for her i dont want my child in

    Answer by lovemylilman238 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • that kind of environment!

    Answer by lovemylilman238 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • u cannot stop him from seeing his son. he has rights.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • actually he dont he isnt on the birth certificate...he ordered a DNA test..i didnt have to change his name , i didnt have to put him on the birth certificate and the reason i asked the question is because i was givin the option to let him see him so no he dont have rights it seems thanks for the opinion tho

    Answer by lovemylilman238 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • Actually without papers, whoever has your son has custody, and right now thats you. I wouldnt let him see him, only based on that he has abandoned him(a year plus with no visitation), the threats, and no stable enviornment. Do whats best for your son, go to court and I'd opt for supervised visitation if he's awarded visitation at all. Good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • I think in this case it sounds like you're right not to let him see his son. It doesn't sound like he's providing a safe environment, and as long as you are able to make this decision I sure would. I would keep your case worker informed about anything, document and copy anything that includes threats, and when possible report them so that there is a legal record of threats or other inappropriate behavior. Good luck.

    Answer by ohwrite at 6:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • I would just keep my son away from the ex husband and his psychotic girlfriend. If he chose her over your son, he is better off staying away from him. Enjoy your life with your son. Keep him busy and have him keep in touch with your family. Your ex is missing out on your son. Your are not to blame for your ex's behavior. He makes his bed, he lays in it. Plain and simple. Good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.