Do you like your Mother-in-law?

i have read a lot of comments of people who don't like their mil and then i have read a few nice ones too but i was curious. I get along with my mil really well and i love that she comes to spend a lot of time at my house and with my kids. She is like a second mom to me and gets along with my parents too. But my friend Vicky has a mil that is so mean to her. Vicky just got married last year and her mil made the wedding an hour late and even called her wedding dress ugly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Most of the time. I don't hate her but she sure can get me going at times.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I get along with my Mil but there are times she will say something about how I parent it it really upsets me. Especialy since she has never had kids. My hubbys Father remarried when we were just a few days past our 1st Anniversay.
    Anonymous

• Yes I do. She's really sweet. She's helped me out when I was trying to work by watching my son. She loves him like he's her own. She's helpful without being pushy. I appreciate what she has done. I do notice a lot of people hate their MIL's and it's too bad it can be like that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I LOVE MY MIL SHE'S AWESOME ...LIKE YOU SAID ALMOST A SECOND MOM...I CALL HER MY "MOMMY" LOL SHE WOULD GIVE YOU THE SHIRT OFF HER BACK AND SHE'S GREAT TO GET ALONE WITH I LOVE SPENDING TIME WITH HER!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I do love my MIL but there are times that she offers a little too much of her opinion and gets a little too bossy. But 95% of the time I really like being around her. She's a great woman. : )
    Anonymous

• When me and DH were first married, I didn't care for my MIL. Now that we have gotten to know each other, we are very close! I'm closer to my MIL than my own mother!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I love my MIL too. She's like a 2nd mom to me and often times I can share things with her that I don't even talk to my mom about.
    I think CM moms have a lot of horror stories about their MILs. It makes me so grateful that I got the one that I did! :)
    Anonymous

• I don't know if I would've gotten along with my MIL I never got to meet her.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I tolerate her. She is very messed up emotionally, always has been. Her children had a very very hard childhood because of her...well I don't know what to call it...mental illness for lack of a better term. Her kids knew when she was in one of her moods, they would hide sharp objects and pills. She would go to her room for a week or even more and leave those little ones to fend for themselves. When she went to have my BIL in the hospital, she left my SIL and my DH who were 3 and 6 at the time, in the car for 12 hours...by themselves. This was back in the 60's so I guess people got away with more then. So, to make a short story long...I deal with her only when I have too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 6:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I love my MIL, she is a wonderful person. She is always willing to help out in any way that she can, but she is never pushy, bossy, or nosy.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 9:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2009