Religious Christmas?

How does your religion play a part in how you spend/spent your Christmas? Is religion the #1 thing you focus on or is it second to family/food/celebration?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My focus is on giving my family the best Christmas I can. It did not mean spending a ton of money on them, it meant spending time with them and letting them know how much they mean to me.
    The first thing I did on Christmas day was pray to God, thanking Him for letting me have my husband and daughter to spend Christmas with and also my mom, sisters, brother and extended family. No, we did not go to church, but I also made thanking Him a priority.
    Anonymous

• The rest of my family are not walking in Christ right now . I just do the best I can and just thankful for the day.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• We go to church on Christmas at 11am, after the presents have been opened. To me, it's an important day because that's the day we celebrate the birth of Christ, and I want to teach my daughter the true meaning of the holiday. We also have a prayer before dinner. But I also buy my daughter lots of presents and make food and have fun, it's not just a "holy day" it's a holiday!
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 3:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Christmas time is both religious and secular in our house. We focus on the religious aspects primarily, particularly in the weeks leading up to Christmas.  However there is plenty of gift giving, food, family and celebration.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• DH and I are not christian, so while I celebrated Yule on Monday with my Circle, Xmas has nothing to do with religion...just family, gifts, and food.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• "Xmas has nothing to do with religion...just family, gifts, and food."

Yep!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 4:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

Yep!

BaisMom stole my answer so I`m going to add a little bit patriotism as well, since the Olympic torch was next door lol and a 10lb Toblerone that my dd won on  a school raffle.  Seriously, this thing is HUGE!!!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• It didnt play a role this year. This was due to my laziness and stress.

Our main focus is always family time(with some spiritualness tossed in there)
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Of course, I thanked the gods the minute I woke up, the same as I do every day and added a little side note of thanks for the chance to be with my family. But, since most of my family is Christian and me and my dh sre not, we didn't focus much on the religious aspect of the holiday.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Christmas doesnt mean anything to me or my family. We celebrate the Solstice, and then Kwanzaa.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:35 AM on Dec. 27, 2009