Moms I need your opinion, this is really bothering me!!

I recently put items on ebay to make some extra money for Christmas. I was given a large lot of the Littlest Pet shop and since my daughter was to young for them I decided to sell them. I just received a very negative comment on the items, that they were garbage, dirty and poorly wrapped. I have sold items before and have had only postive comments so this has me upset. In my description of the items I said the were AS IS because I was unfamiliar with the pet shop and that they were in played with condition with smudges, and stickers peeling off. As for the shipping I admit I was afraid I used too big of a box but there was no other box to use, my others were too small. But I did bag the smaller items and layered the rest in bubble wrap. Shipping was $20.00. My guess is this person was expecting brand new items that were used to regift. Do I do nothing? Refund the $20.oo in shipping or take a huge hit and refund?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• I used to sell a lot on eBay but not recently because of all the shipping increases. As far as I know once a person gives you a negative comment it can't be taken back. No matter what you do for that person it won't help you.

You can make comments teling your side.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• We used to buy on eBay when we had more money. We would be extremely upset at $20 for shipping. We've cancelled orders for half that because it made us feel like the sellers were trying to rip us off. Was this inside the US?
    Anonymous

• The fee for shipping isnt your fault, thats already listed when you get to the second or third step in purchasing something. I wouldnt sweat it too much, make comments highlighting that the item was sold exactly as listed. Its NOT your fault they didnt read the AS IS comment and so forth!!! I think this person just needs to take it as a loss. And learn to read next time!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• tell your side, I've actually made the mistake of getting excited about finding a particular item for REALLY cheap and not reading the description before I made a bid.
    They may not have read the description,,I was outbid (thank goodness) but do tell your side of the story. - Buyer should have read description better, items were sold AS IS,,,,something like that
    When I buy, I make sure to read good and bad comments, if you've only had 1 bad, I wouldn't worry to much, but definatly tell your side.
    Anonymous

• I WAS an active Ebay seller for nearly 10 years (100% POSITIVE--never a neg, a neutral or feedback withdrawl), until their seller and store fees went up and the "one sided buyer feedback" policy was instituted, where sellers can NO LONGER leave negative feedback--ONLY positive (or nothing)!!! Yep, it's ALL about the buyer now--regardless of whether or not they slander your reputation!

If the buyer has nothing but time on their hands, and is in a foul mood, they can file a claim to get their money back including shipping--regardless of what you stated in your ad!! "AS IS" means absolutely nothing, and $20 fo shipping, when the USPS offers a large flat rate box for about $13.00, seems high (IMO).

Unfortunately, it's a buyers world on Ebay, and it's nothing like when it started. There are some very savvy buyers on Ebay who KNOW their rights, and how to file claims, to not end up paying anything for perfectly good items!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2009