Car seat shopping today

Hi. My dh and I are going shopping for a new car seat for our 9mo dd in a lil bit. SHe's out grown her infant car seat, so we need one of those ones that can go rear facing and eventually turn around for when she's old enough for a front facing one. Does anyone know of a good consumer website guide that will compare seats" quality and safety for us.... Consumer reports you have to be a subscriber to. Are there any other free sites?

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 3:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First stay away from any that are 3 in 1.. they are junk. (so nothing that is Alpha Omega)
    What is your price range? I would stick with one of these......
    Cosco Scenera
    Evenflo Triumph Advance
    Graco MyRide 65
    First Years True Fit
    Any of the Britax convertibles

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I have had DD in a True Fit since the day she came home from the hospital. I LOVE it! I think there is a link on the transportation safety website. Try googeling car seat safety review. I know that Britax is among the best. The True Fit got pretty good reviews, too. I have the Alpha Omega Elite for DS and I really don't like it at all. I'd stay away from the 3-in-1 seats. In theory, it's a good idea, but the weight limits aren't high enough.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 6:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Well we just got back and we did get a 3 in 1 seat and the weight limit is up to 100 lbs! so far we really like it. It's the Evenflo Symphony 65. It's up to 35lbs rear facing, 65 front facing, and 100 booster.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 8:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2009