Do you bake year round or only for the holidays?

Every year when I'm making cookies/brownies/etc I always say I'll do more through the year because of how stupid simple it is, but I never seem to get around to it. I'll make bread, and I'll do birthday cakes, but we never seem to find excuses to do cookies.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I never do it cause I'm REALLY the worst cook ever!! I do try to get better but I just can't! And no one ever encourages me to try harder because they prefer not to eat my food lol!!

Anyway, my mom lives on our block and she's the one who bakes. And she does it year round. My daughter loves my mom's cookies and they both bake them almost every week!! My dd is my mom's little helper!!
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 4:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• oh sure, i bake all the time. there's always something at school to bring goodies for. i enjoy baking/decorating/etc, so when i get bored, out come the flours, pans and measuring cups. i'd enjoy being a baker, i think..especially coming up with creative ideas to do new or old, tried and true recipes. my dh is a sweet-aholic, so nothing ever goes to waste. i bring things to the salon, to the neighbors/friends..i just love baking..can't keep or eat it all, so i share.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I do all year around. Maybe not so much in the summertime though because of how hot it makes the house.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I keep telling myself to bake more often I really should learn to bake cookies cakes and pies because I would save myself a lot of money! I really do want to learn becaus eI alwasy burn cookies,bread isnt so bad.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• WE do it year round. I used to own a bakery so we hardly ever purchase store bought. My kids are all teens and they are the ones doing it now.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• All the time, hence the size of my considerable ass lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 6:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• We bake all year round. Mmm Hmmmm. Yummy. I'll take any excuse to whip up some cookies or try out a new cake recipe. I love baking.

salexander, he he he, funny! My honey is a big man, so I say "never come between a fat man and his baked goods."
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Believe it or not, I bake all year round and very little through the holidays. Backwards huh?
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 6:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I do bake but not often. WHen there is a need, a special ocasion,whatever, I would rather bake my own desserts,cookies,etc. than buy store bought which are usually less healthy than home made.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• year round :)
    Anonymous