Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Ok here is the latest, I was asked if I could live in a house with said husband his dad his girlfriend and baby. Mind you he'd be sleeping in the same room with the girlfriend. Well talked to him today and told him I dont know so dont think it would work. Which if I did know her I dont care it still wouldnt work. Then he is trying to tell me how much the bills should be and what all I would only get from him for spousal support. Well I have paid my dues and dont think I should have to pay for his "mistake" his words not mine. I have paid enough since February with mental abuse from son, sil, daughter and him. What do you think? Do appreciate all the help.
Have a great day!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • I'm confused. Your husband wants you to move in with him and his father and his father's girl friend or your husband's girl friend? And who had the baby? I'm sorry I just can't quite follow who is who.

    Answer by beckcorc at 4:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • you've been asked to live in a house with your husband and his dad and your husband's girlfriend and baby? if that's what your saying no way. If you saying maybe in a house with your husband and his dad and his dad's girlfriend and baby I'd still say no. Privacy is important from extended family. If on top of any of that your son, your sil, your daughter, and your husband mentally abused you then you'd be adding to your abuse by doing back to that relationship that you broke free of. Honor yourself.

    Answer by lfl at 4:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • Your husband doesn't get to decide what you will get in spousal support. Some states don't have it at all. The court decides how much he pays and for what. Usually child support is figured on county or state guidelines. You may not know how much to expect if you don't know how much he is making.

    You need to see a lawyer or go to your county or state website and see if you can inform yourself.

    Answer by Gailll at 4:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • I am confused you would live with your husband and his girlfriend or his dad and his dad's girlfriend? Need clarification before I can answer!

    Answer by kimigogo at 4:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • That's way too much soap opera-ish for me. Get your own place and take the spousal support. The court decides it not dh. Your freedom is worth a whole lot more than what he's offering you.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • I agree, do not move in with them. it will only cause problems.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • You are asking for big trouble if you move into that mess. As for support, it's the court decision based on his salary.

    Answer by momx3gx1b at 6:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • The question is kind of confusing. Please repost?

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • Here is your answer to the confusion.....Its his dad, my husband (for now), husband's girlfriend who is pregnant with husband's baby. Thank you thus far for your help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

  • Personally, I would NOT be moving into that situation... if it were my husband, and I had to see him with his gf... yeah that so would not work. After the first night, I'd be getting free rent and meals at the local detention center.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.