Did God make human beings?

If you believe yes, did he also make them imperfect?
If yes, and you do in fact believe being gay is "imperfect", why is it so hard to believe that your God would make them that way? Gay people are people just like you....you are imperfect, so are they....God made you that way.

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Weeellll, actually I do not believe that you are born gay. I've known plenty of gay people who have actually TOLD me that they made a choice to be gay. And as far as perfection goes..., none of us are perfect in ANY way... God created us perfect, but after Eve ate the apple sin entered our lives so "perfection" does not exist..., which is why Jesus Christ died for our sins because we could NEVER be good enough in God's standards no matter who we are or what we do... I am as imperfect as they come, but I believe in Christ and I believe that He has the power to save me.
    Anonymous

• You didn't answer my question....if God made YOU imperfect....and if God made gay people imperfect; is it so hard to believe that part of that imperfection would be that he made them gay?
    Let me state, that I am NOT in any way saying being gay is an imperfection, or flaw....I am just trying to make a point.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• God did make us and he didn't make us "imperfect," he made us human. We have the ability to make choices and our human nature sometimes takes over and we make the wrong choices. Now, I don't believe that being gay is wrong, I believe it is just the way some people are. There are probably some people who have chosen that lifestyle but then I also know plenty of people who feel that they were born gay and have chosen not to act on it. None of us are perfect but God loves us all.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 6:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• i don't believe God makes mistakes or imperfections. just because someone is not like you (in general), doesn't make them wrong. we are individuals. i am not sure what i think about people being 'born gay' or choosing the lifestyle. as silly as that seems, why would anyone choose a lifestyle so hated, or misunderstood by the rest of the us (in general)? i do think the human spirit can be strong enough to overcome any obstacle, whether its a physical or mental deformity, or a 'sinful' desire. no one is perfect, and we all have the capability to live life free of baggage, whether that baggage is 'sin' or someone else's definition of it. however, being xtian, i'd have to go by what i believe to be God's definition...which can cover a ton of actions/thoughts/etc., not just the act of homosexuality. in the end, i can't say someone else is living in sin, without obtaining perfection myself first..and that's never going to happen.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Seriously, who cares if someone is gay? Sexuality is a small part of a person. How does the person treat their family? Coworkers? Is there generosity in the spirit? Hard worker? Kindness? Is this the type of person I would want as a friend? These are the traits I look for in a person. A person's (any person including me) imperfections and sins are between him/her and God, IMHO
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 6:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• yes, he created us, and everything and it was "GOOD", blameless and with no sin, but he also created us with freewill. We (Adam and Eve and every human (except Jesus) decide to disobey and not trust Him and so there was sin in the world and death. So, all those things that God created for good was misused..... God created us as sexual beings meant only for a husband and a wife, which is good, but that was also misused as well.....(adultery, homosexuality etc )once we choose to disobey anything good that He created was misused and that was not His perfect purpose and pla for us. But by the grace of God, through His Son, Jesus Christ, we are made new in Christ through his conquering of our sins. This does not mean we do not struggle anymore with sin, but that we have new life .
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• God didnt make HUMAN BEINGS. It is called Evolution, anyone with half a brain knows this.
    Anonymous

• Um, Anon: I don't believe in God...I am asking others to see how they feel about it.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Yes God created human beings and we are imperfect. I believe in equal rights for gay people, however many religions, including my own, believe that even though its not a sin to be homosexual, homosexual sex in a sin. In other words even if you believe you are gay its a sin to act on this feeling. Many Church's feel the same about adultery. They don't hate the person committing adultery but believe they are sinning.

Personally I want equal rights for everyone.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I believe that yes God makes us. He forms us in the womb and He has a wonderful plan for each of our lives. It is our choice if we will follow that plan or we will choose our own way.

I do not believe that there is a genetic predisposition that makes people gay. I believe that other factors play a role (both environmental and psychological).

God does not make us "perfect" because we are not robots. We have a beautiful gift called choice. The only person who was perfect was my Lord, Jesus. We are all in the same boat, gay or straight--sinners in need of a savior. And when we xhoose to put our faith in Him, we can put on His beautiful righteousness and we can be transformed into holiness. That is the perfect hope we have!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2009