when exaclty do i start clomid? sorry TMI

i was told to start clomid day 3 to 7 of my cycle, but i have pcos so i have very wierd periods , today i had a brown tiny spot in my undies but after that i havent had any discharge, does this count as day 1?

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 5:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have pcos too and have never had to start my clomid. I seem to get pregnant right before I start it...LOL.

Anyway, the doc told me you start it on day 5, take it for 5 and have sex every other day for 5 after that or something similar. I just remember his instructions were 5-5-5.

BTW...i hope it works for you. I only had a period in Jan. and Aug. this year and found out recently I am pregnant. So there is hope!
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 7:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• No, you count the CD1 as the first day you start your period....when you actually need to wear a pad, and it's red blood. That is considered cycle day 1. And I took clomid days 3-7 also. Some people take it 5-9, but if your doctor said 3-7 then do that. Good luck to you :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 7:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i was told by my doc that if i had a spot no matter the color to consider it as a period
    mrs.rucker943

Answer by mrs.rucker943 at 6:42 AM on Dec. 29, 2009