Did your kids get to much for Christmas?

looking at my living room...mine did. He has been playing one Wii game all day- played with the legos for a few minutes but then back to the Wii

next year, I'm going to scale it down a bit...if only I could get the grandparents to do the same

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We had the same problem the past year. So we scaled it down. We wanted our daughter to enjoy her things without being overwhelmed by stuff. Plus placing too much value on things isn't the best message to send.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 5:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• No, they got just the right amount.
    2 gifts each(one from us and one from Santa) and they each got a couple of things from their grandmother and aunts.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• My son got a good amount of toys combined from everyone... I didn't buy him a lot but what he did get from me was expensive. I didn't mind because I know that what I got him will be used and not set aside like the previous years.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• No because we no longer do gifts and do not exchange with the rest of the family either. We stopped a few years ago because we refused to submit to the commercialism BS. The kids these days are ungrateful. Just socks and underwear and a bit of cash. Thats it. No shopping no wrapping and no stress and best of all no bills to pay in the end! Great family get together and a good movie. It is very nice.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 6:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• lol I love being a grandparent so much especially @ Christmas. If I knew how much fun it was to be a grandparent, I would have done that instead of being a parent...lol
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 6:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• dillonsma...I didn't/don't "submit to commercialism" either and I dont have any extra bills to pay...I paid cash for everything I bought...thought what we did was "nice" also

momx3gx1b...my Mom and MIL say the same thing LOL we do love love love our Granma's around here
    Anonymous

• My son always gets too much between myself, his father/father's family, and my family. I always say I'm going to scale back next year, then I get caught up in the spirit. It probably doesn't help that he's my only child and I'm not able to have any more.
    SunnyJames

Answer by SunnyJames at 6:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• YES we bought this playhouse that we custumed designed eveything and made one for each of a three kids and each playhouse is 2 stories has little living room,kitchen,real windows,real wood flooring, a little fake fireplace, both of my daughters playhouse has minni french doors, my son's has a slide coming off his second story, and each play house has lights, each playhouse has heating and air conditioning, each play house has a little bacony, each has stairs going to the second story, and then we furnished it with minni sofas, tables, a real tv,and everything that would be in a house
    i got the idea when i was visiting my brother the had playhouses on display in an out door shoping mall
    and then we bought a bunch of toys and clothes but all they care about is their playhouse
    ScarletAva

Answer by ScarletAva at 7:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• We got our son snow boots and a few toy car. That's it. I thought it was fine since I didn't want to over do it. But then we got a secret Santa that gave him 5 more gifts, and aunts and uncles that gave him more (he has 15 aunts an uncles) plus what the grandparents got him and even the great grandparents. I am thinking I might be done buying him stuff for Christmas. He'll just get more money in savings...
    Anonymous

• DF and I havent been able to do a big christmas until this year... so yeah, we over did it. Go figure, spend all that money and the kids dont even care, the stuff isnt going to even get played with. DS1 acted like he didnt get anything at all, but the 4wheeler sitting in my living room surrounded by transformers galore, nerf blaster, etc etc etc says otherwise. Spoiled rotten... *sigh* we're scaling back next year.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2009