Any suggestions?

I have a 5month old and he is so gassy that he doesnt want to eat hes only 10pnds and 4oz, hes on soyformula he doesnt even eat 18 oz of formula a day. Hes allergic to gas drops so I use gripe water it helps to an extreme but still refuses to eat hes also on zantac

BarbarE

Asked by BarbarE at 6:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call my pediatrician. He should be eating. You can never be too cautious. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• yes call your pediatrician, also if you havent already try to find a pediatrician who specializes in children with alergies and all kinds of intollerances. Try going to vitamin cottage or whole foods, or just stores that sell only organics and finding some herbal relief like herbal brews you can make and medicines that are organic. they might be expensive but really work
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Did he have a reaction to dairy formula? I would suggest pre-digested, but it tastes even worse than the standard varieties and I can't imagine a baby refusing to eat would eat that better.

Have you considered relactating?

Another thing to try would be probiotics... may help with digestive upset.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2009