I'm not b****ing or complaining, its just that I feel I got a lot of crap that I don't need or that I will not use for Christmas this year.

and I'm worried that people I gave gifts to may be feeling the same way. So for next year or any other gift giving event....what is the most practicle gift to give if you truly do not know what to get someone? It seems to get harder and harder every year.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 7:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Holidays

• a fruit basket lol, its food everybody eats!
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• gift card or money
    Anonymous

• I always go with giftcards to somewhere that has everything like Target or Walmart or something...that way they can just use it to get whatever they need. Of if you know what store they like..that always helps.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 7:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• How do you know how much to put on a gift card without insulting them?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• If you do not want, need or even like the gifts that you received, you could give them to less fortunate families. Families who couldn't afford ANYTHING would appreciate it, I'm sure.

So far as making sure that you give gifts that people will like, just ASK people what they like/want or give a gift card or money as the previously ladies suggested.
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• "How do you know how much to put on a gift card without insulting them? "

It depends on your income...what can you afford to give? How much would you spend on a gift for them otherwise?

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I ask people for a few ideas and then get from that or something that they have said they want or need. i try to make it personal.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Just give gifts to kids. That is what my family has always done. Now I only give my time and not material gifts

Answer by admckenzie at 8:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I know you don't mean to sound ungrateful but there really are lots of people who probably need the stuff you don't like. You might not know it but most churches and organizations take donations for Christmas year around. Every year there is a shortage of gifts to give these families so rather than letting the stuff you don't like sit around and collect dust take it to one of those places NOW and they can keep it for next year or for the people who can use it now. Knowing that I did something good for the needy would make me love an unwanted gift :)
    As for everyday items that are pretty fool safe are gift cards ($10+) Movie ticket vouchers are sold at the ticket booth at theaters to be used any time, food gifts, etc. Things NOT to give, clothes its too hard to pick what size/style, bath products unless you know what scent they like, candles a lot of people don't burn them or get sick from certain scents. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Save your money, don't get them anything, they won't get you anything and then you don't have to complain about getting useless crap you won't use at all now will you?
    Anonymous