Leftover ham recipes, anyone?????

Amberoz

Asked by Amberoz at 7:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Ham & bean soup always gets made the day after christmas at our house. You just get a bag of the 15 bean soup beans and boil the ham bone & ham pieces in it. Serve with cornbread :) Its soo good!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Fried ham & cheese sandwhiches, omelettes, and I like Mrs Harsh's idea my grandmother does the same thing with the ham bone and the soup is yummy!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Scalloped potatoes & ham or cheesy potatoes & ham, egg casserole with ham in it, soup, or just chop & freeze for later.
    Anonymous

• I do mashed potato patties w/ it.... chop up the ham really fine, chop up some green onions, get a bag of shredded cheese (use about a cup), 2 c. mashed potatoes, about 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and an egg.... mix them all together, shape into patties and then press down into bread crumbs in a dish. Fry them for a couple minutes in hot oil until the breadcrumbs brown & serve w/ sour cream.... delicious!
    MamaSyn

Answer by MamaSyn at 12:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I like to make a pot of potato and ham soup and also a split pea soup (that one gets the bone)...I also love 'ham dish' which is scalloped potatoes with chunks of ham mixed in. So good! Then anything that is still left over gets cubed up and frozen in about 1 cup portions that I will save for quiches. My husband steals a few pieces to fry up with his eggs in the morning too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• breakfest burt. ham scambled eggs fried tattors and ham all mixed togather put on a tortea with chesse and salsa.
    Anonymous