have a theething 2 yr old?

my 2 yr old seems to be getting some back teeth in, maybe molars. He is feeling just horrible. He seems to anly want cold things like iced tes and freezer pops to soothe his mouth. anybody have any other suggestions to help him?

TXColter

Asked by TXColter at 7:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like you're doing a great job so far...my two year old is teething as well and i do the same things. If youwant you could use baby orajel and/or infant's tylenol but they aren't necessary. I also give my daughter ice water to help soothe the swelling.

Basically whatever you did the first time around (when the very first teeth appeared) should work the second time. Good luck with the fussiness! LOL But it sounds like you have it under control.
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I actually use some cholorseptic on a washcloth that is wrapped around an ice cube and tied off with a ponytail holder. I know it sounds strange, but it seems to work well for us. The orajel wore off to fast for my LO and I can put her to bed with this and she does great.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I thought chloraseptics were available by prescription only (gel form I mean...not sore throat spray).
    Anonymous

• awesome! I never would have thought of the chloraseptic and I read the back and it is actually more for mouth pain than sore throat spray!

TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 7:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2009