Do you consider 1st time TTC-ers and/or women who have miscarried moms? Should they be allowed to use this site?

Give your reasoning on if you consider TTC-ers and/or Women who have miscarried as mothers and if you think they should be allowed to use this site.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• "allowed"...how would you stop them? lol
    Anonymous

• Sure....why not and as long as they are being true and sincere and not bashing, come on over....the more the merrier! We all need support.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Any woman of any age who's gone through the trauma of carrying a pregnancy for any length of time til loss or birth and survival is in my eyes a mother. Any woman who's gone into adoption unsuccessfully or successfully, I feel, is a mother. Any woman who tries to conceive and succeeds or does not succeed is a mother.

I feel that way because I believe the definition of a mother is really a woman who nurtures a child's life to any degree. A woman who tries to get pregnant and is not successful, if it's the first pregnancy or subsequent after a pregnancy brought to birth and survival that woman trying to conceive is still nurturing the potential infant embryo.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• i think it's understood, lfl here, that I think women trying to conceive are mothers and many groups here and Answers too are applicable to their times of trying whether or not successful.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• If they haven't had children yet, no I don't consider them moms. I think though that trying to get pregnant is a very stressful time for many women, and they should be here for support, advice, and encouragement.
    Anonymous

• A woman who goes through a miscarriage is still a mother. Her baby just passed away. The woman who is TTC is not a mother, but she wants to be and deserves the support we can provide on here :)
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 7:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Bring em on! TTC-ers as well as the woman with miscarriages. This group IS a group for moms, with a large amount of groups for support tips advice and stories for the TTC-ers and women who have had miscarriages. Along with the women who arent mothers but preg arent mothers but trying to adopt, or have adopted their babies out etc.... A mom is a mom is a mom. And this is cafemom.
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• yea
    Marsh-mellow

Answer by Marsh-mellow at 8:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I honestly believe that even the TTC-ers and miscarriages are mothers already where it counts the most... in their hearts. For the TTC-ers, each time AF comes it is heartbreaking, and also to the mothers who did get a BFP only to lose it... they still love their children (here or not). That's like asking if birthmoms to adopted children should be allowed on here... they are still mothers.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I don't understand why someone who just lost a child would want to be on a website as much as some of us are after going through the dissapointment of miscarriage, or trying to have kids that is focused on all types of parenteing. I would get depressed,nor could I relate. I mean really do you focus on your miscarriage or ttc that much that you need a personal profile for it? My friend is heartbroken because she can't get pregnant, I asked her right now and she said no way, it would make it worse. Yes I have miscarried but I just don't see how this site could have helped me and I'm still here! Not to mention I get annoyed at judgement from others without children. You can read and take all the classes in the world, but until you are in my world 24/7 it's my deal. To each her own. I just think it's strange .
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2009