Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Airline workers, need suggestions.

I have a ticket to go home. It leaves from Boise, ID and changes planes in Salt Lake, UT. Well I just want to take the flight from Salt Lake. Is there any way to do this with out making a new reservation? It is with Northwest. I called and a very cranky lady told me all I could do is purchase a new ticket, I can't afford that.


Asked by DevilInPigtails at 7:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Travel

Level 18 (6,192 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • It's rare, I'll tell you that. I used to be a travel agent, remember? If you had booked with a travel agent, we sometimes (but rarely!) were able to reroute people, but it had to be done in advance, with the approval of the airline. After 9/11, new rules came down that if you miss the first leg of your flight, everything else is automatically canceled. Best advice I can give is to keep calling and to keep getting different people to talk to. Ask to speak to the supervisor. Go online and send them an email. Push the fact that your husband is in military and deployed and you're traveling alone with 2 toddlers. It's Christmas, man. You can always hope that someone has some Christmas spirit and will bend the rules for you.
    Good Luck!!!

    Answer by j9gem at 2:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

  • If you miss the first leg of your flight, the second will cancel.

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2009