How much does your 3 month old sleep?

Just curious......my ds sleeps at night 9pm-7am ish. Then he goes back to sleep by 9am for about 45 mins to and hour. Then again at 11 or so, for about 45 mins to an hour then he takes a long afternoon nap usually from 3pm-5pm and 6pm-7pm. I guess I figured by now he wouldn't sleep as much. Don't get me wrong it's okay with me. (Helps me out for doing my wifely duties) I was just wondering if anyone else's baby sleeps this much.

HarpersMom715

Asked by HarpersMom715 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was the same at that age. She's 9 mon now. She'd go to bed at about 7pm and wake around 5 or 6am and then take a bunch of short naps throughout the day like that. She's more on a pattern now though. Gets up about 630am, takes a 1-2 hr nap at about 930, and then another long one in the afternoon. It's great for when I want to take a nap with her!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Perfectly normal. My daughter finally started getting on a more regular pattern around 8 or 9 mo. It was 8:00 to about 7 am and then two 2-3 hour naps during the day. Those naps got progressively shorter until she was about 15 mo. or so and then she dropped the second nap altogether. She is 20 mo. now and sleeps about 10-11 hours at night and takes one 2-3 hour nap.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 6:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2009