Does your boyfriend have female friends.

Are you ok with your boyfriend having female friends. Do you mind that they chat on the phone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, I'm married, but I was never comfortable with him being to friendly with the opposite sex while we were dating which he wasn't. I think this is just borrowing trouble IMO. If he is friends with her it needs to be because you are friends with her and he is friends with the boyfriend. In other words I think it should be a mutual friend and certainly not someone that he enjoys spending a lot of time with or talking on the phone to all the time.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Yes, he has female friends. No, I do not mind that he has them nor do I mind if they chat on the phone. I trust him. Until or unless he gives me reason to not trust him or those phone calls begin to interfere with our relationship or our life together, I will continue to trust him and not be bothered. I know I come before them, I know he loves me and wants to be with me, so there is no reason for me to get upset.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• we have no reason to distrust one another, and do not. we both have friends of the opposite sex which are exclusive to our individuality. it does not bother me in the slightest.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Yes he has female friends. He never talks to them while he's with me.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• absolutely! i befriended most of his female friends and they are very cool! One chick I was weary about, because she was an ex, and a stripper, poison video-worthy type of chick with fake boobs and *f* buddy-hungry but she backed off once she heard I was preggo lol. but even when they still talked he told me it wasnt like that between them anymore. This really showed me I had my own trust issues to work on because I was worried about nothing!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I have a lot of guy friends, one who is an ex and his gf found me on facebook and gave me his number. we chat for a long time on the phone because we havent seen each other in years! no jealousy from my bf or my friend's gf....friends are friends!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I'm married, but both of us have friends of the opposite sex. It doesn't bother me at all if my husband and his female friends chat on the phone, text each other, etc. It doesn't bother him if I do either. He is married to me, loves me, wants to be with me, and has never given me any reason to believe otherwise.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 10:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I say if there has never been a reason to limit friendships then let him befriend whomever he chooses. Howevery, my personal experiences have not been so good. Over our 13+ yrs, I've discovered my husband taking advantage of his female relationships to the point of using them as a way to "get off" when the internet porn just wasn't enough. More recently he ruined the longest standing female relationship he had. He knew the girl before me and is a friend of one of his highschool sweethearts who got away. She supposedly even dated one of his friends so I figured there was no need to worry. Well sure enough he found away to push the limits of their relationship, sending highly inappropriate texts and he got busted. I am actually still considering leaving him because he is one man who doesn't know how to keep things at a friends only level. I told him his female friendships are over if he intends to stay married to me!
    Anonymous

• my husband really isn't a "girlfriend" type of guy. he's never really had female friends. I myself don't have a lot of female friends, I have a few really close friends, and that's about it. girls get on my nerves. they're so bitchy and dramatic...and hubby and I totally see eye to eye on the chick subject!! lol
    Anonymous

• eh..my answer to this is kinda hypocritical...yes my SO has female friends. no i dont want him just sitting around chatting with them all the time. he has some female friends (and even one ex) that i am not concerned about him being around or talking to as long as it is within reason, but for the most part, i would STRONGLY prefer that his contact with them be limited unless im around. a lot of this comes from our past trust issues. however, i know that i have many male friends that i love to talk to and hang out with that are no threat to him and do kinda get annoyed when he refuses to ever hang out with them too or gets kinda mad if i ask to do something that involves them. i should leave the past in the past and trust him, but i'm not quite to that point yet and neither is he...so, for now, no i would not want him talking to any other non-relative female on a regular basis.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2009