I'm so computer clueless

I am looking at 2 netbooks, my laptop died and I can't afford another big one.
One has a 250 gb harddrive and a 0.3 megapixel web cam, the other a 150 mgb harddrive and a 1.3 mega pixel web cam.
Can someone pleae put this in dummy terms for me and tell me what it all means?
Thanks!!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Shopping

• The gb/mgb is space for memory. GB is giga byte, MGB mega giga byte. Now for the pixels determines the quality of the pics taken, the smaller the pixel the lower the qaulity. If you have a mp3 player on your phone the little disk that stores your music and photo's are the same principal for the gb/mgb storage space on the pc. The second one sounds better, but you have to factor in price and maker. You could also google the netbooks you're interested in and do a comparison, they also usually have reviews on the product as well.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I think the pixels determine the speed at which the photo is taken along with the quality.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Simple answer -
    The first computer has more memory, thus it will be able to store more and run faster, but doesnt have as good of a web cam. I would personally take the first computer because if it has Windows Vista or Windows 7 (the operating system) those programs eat a HUGE chunk of memory and that second computer is going to require an external harddrive to store anything at all and is going to run a lot slower. It would be a lot cheaper to purchase and external web cam than an external harddrive. Walmart and BestBuy usually have regular laptops for the same price as the netbooks if you get an Acer or similar brand and stay away fromthe pricey models like Dell and Toshiba
    RamGrl

Answer by RamGrl at 1:02 AM on Dec. 27, 2009