hips giving out on me? Help please

When Im walking my left hip more so than my right will just completely give out and I have almost fallen several times. Sometimes I wake up and cant even walk without the help of my DH cause my hip just wont support me. It's getting to the point where both are beginning to do it.. Im afraid both are going to go out on me and im going to fall and hurt my baby and myself. How do I deal with this? Im 40 weeks pregnant... In fact today is my due date haha.. I Guess baby still doesnt want to make his grand entrance! Is this or did this happen to you? Because its getting very scary.. Im almost immobile... Could this be because of how big the baby is? or maybe just the way he is laying or something? I have a petite bone structure and my DH is a big man definitely... Could it be size? Just hoping someone can help me find out why this is happening and how to help it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have that problem too. baby is just on the nerve that is what I was told. I am 34 almost 35 weeks prego and my baby is estimated to be 7 lbs. so good luck hang in there I wish I was 40 weeks.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 11:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Its probably just how the baby is positioned, he/she could be posterior and that can cause more discomfort and pain. Try to relax and take it easy as best you can, it wont be too much longer before baby is hear!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 11:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I did fall down a bunch, the baby will be fine. It is because your hips are basically dislocated in prep for birth. Try to take it easy and once you have the baby you will get normal hips back. Congrats and labor dust.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:14 AM on Dec. 27, 2009