TMI but i need some advice...

i am 2 weeks pp. i had a vaginal birth and only needed 1 stitch. i am still lightly bleeding, nothing major. about a week ago i noticed some minor itching down below. it hasnt gone away. i dont have a yeast infection as far as i can tell. anyone know why this is? also, there is a light odor down there. is that from bleeding? if anyone has experienced this, how can i help it go away??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be itchy because it is healing? maybe! and as for the light odor.... passing a human through your own body can have many many effects! but i think it would be best if u called the doc monday mornin just to be sure!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 11:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• i agree w/ the first response! sometimes when wounds heal, itchiness follows. but I'd bring this up to your dr. just to be safe!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I agree with the others. Itchiness is most likely a normal side effect of the healing process or you might have a hemmoroid or something...those can itch as well. As for the light odor...I had kind of a strong odor for weeks that wouldn't go away even with washing. Gross I know. I went to the doc though and everything was fine so I have no idea why that happened so I think its pretty normal. Just make sure you go to your 6 week pp and let them know what's going on.
    Anonymous

• I had that problem too after my 1st vaginal birth, I had to have more than 1 stitch and my itching was from the healing and the stitches irritating me...an herbal sitz bath will help soothe your tissues and help you heal, also, after you bathe or shower if you take a hair dryer and set it to low and dry your vaginal area off that way, it really helps! Making sure you get yourself very dry, it helps to promote the healing and dry up the stitches, try to avoid rubbing with your towel, that will make it worse.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 11:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I agree with jlizgar; her story seems similar to mine after DD. I'd also call the doctor's office and see if it's anything serious that they'd want to see you before your 6 week visit to check.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 2:06 AM on Dec. 27, 2009