neck pain after spinal?

I had a planned c/s 2 weeks ago and I started having really back neck pain around my spine a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if I slept wrong, have strain from holding the baby or if it is for the spinal? Anyone run into the same issue?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 11:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had aweful headaches after my c-section and spinal block for about 2 weeks. They were not constant but just come and go and were quick. Just pressure. I also did have slight neck pain. But you might want to call the ob doctor's nurse at the dr office. They would be able to help.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I've heard of headaches if you lift up your head too soon afterward, but that's pretty immediate pain. Call the doc and ask about it. Better to be safe than sorry.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Some women have headaches and pain at the injection site for years after having a spinal/epidural. Its one of the side effects that some suffer, it wont happen to everyone but it can happen, thats why the anestisiologist will ask you to tell them if you start having headaches while your still in the hospital.
    Here is some info on it for you

http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/childbirth/exwc2.htm
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 11:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2009