It's a matter of diet.

Well since I have heard of the SDA"s they are pretty much the only ones who believe the diet laws area matter of salvation. So since our salvation is a matter of food and drink why did christians starts eating the non kosher foods in the first place?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In Jeremiah, God says, "Behold the days are coming says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. not according the the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt., My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them" says the LORD." Jeremiah 31:31-32

God told us that there would be a new covenant. Not through the LAW which even the Jews couldn't keep, but through Jesus.
    The Law only served to show us our need for God, and our inability to live up to God's standards of righteousness.

Lexi, if you want to follow the food laws that is fine with me. I don't think it is wrong for you to eat however you want. I don't want to argue about food, just contribute to the discussion : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I am Catholic and my salvation does not depend on if I eat a pork chop for dinner or not
    Anonymous

• This world is so much bigger than religion. As long as you take care of your body and treat it as a temple you are as good as gold.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:01 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• religion is bigger than the world there is nothing bigger than religion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I think people make up whole bunch of mombo jumbo and then belive in it, if you have any questions about how you supposed to live your life, well the Bible pretty much has all the answers to that.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• looovemybabies

I think people make up whole bunch of mombo jumbo and then belive in it, if you have any questions about how you supposed to live your life, well the Bible pretty much has all the answers to that. \\

~~~~~

The irony here is staggering.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:36 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Is this a real question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Because Paul told them it was okay...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Well since I have heard of the SDA"s they are pretty much the only ones who believe the diet laws area matter of salvation.
    -----
    Um, no. We believe that OBEDIENCE to God in ALL things is a matter of salvation, even diet! Putting our fleshly desires aside is a matter of salvation.

looovemybabies, it is the Bible that states that certain animals are not fit for food.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• So since our salvation is a matter of food and drink why did christians starts eating the non kosher foods in the first place?
    ----------------
    Because everybody else was doing it! (Seriously) Compromise with the world enters the church in a subtle fashion. What is it to you what others choose not to eat? I ask because you bring this up every few days or so. Eat whatever you like if the Holy Spirit hasn't convicted you, but what is the point of arguing with people because of theirs? Everyone must be convinced in his/her own mind. If we say that we are wrong and that pigs, shrimp,buzzards and squirrels are okay to eat, will it change anything for you? I doubt it.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2009