lotion?

I used scented lotion from Victoria Secrets. Can this Harm baby? I read on a question earlier that u shouldn't.. I didn't know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i don't see why you shouldn't use it. if it's not bothering your skin any, then i say stick w/ it if you like it.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I don't think there's any way of really telling for sure. The mantra I go by is if there is any doubt, just don't do it. It's not worth the risk! I don't used scented lotions or perfumes for that reason. I realize the chance of harm to the baby is very small, but again totally not worth taking the risk! Especially because you can live comfortably without it! :)
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• There is nothing dangerous about scented lotions. Go ahead and use it. It makes you feel good , doesn't it!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• you use it? or u use it on the baby? i think those lotions have alcohol in them (i could be wrong), and that will dry out babys skin. if your baby doesnt get a rash, or anything else, i would just keep using it.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• The reason you shouldn't use it is because the toxic chemicals in the lotion ARE absorn=bed by your skin. Fragrance especially can be very toxic...best to avoid even when not pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I've never heard of this and when I was pregnant with my son I used bath and body works scented creams and lotions throughout the entire pregnancy multiple times a day. He is completely healthy, not allergic to anything, and is a very smart boy :)
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:24 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Just make sure that it doesn't have salicylic acid in it, other than that I would say that it is fine. Don't listen to all the crazies that think that all things are bad for you etc. If anything ask your doctor to be sure.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:58 AM on Dec. 27, 2009