biting the nip

My son is 7mo old, and has 2 bottom teeth. Lately he's been biting me & laughing. How do I handle this?

marinesweetie

Asked by marinesweetie at 12:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just look directly at him and say 'no biting! ouch!'. it may take awhile, but he will catch on.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I was given the advice of a flick to the mouth. Basically, baby bites, you pull him off, give him a mean look while flicking him in the mouth, say "don't bite Mommy... it HURTS" (okay, without actually yelling), then cuddle him and let him nurse again. When I did this with DD, it worked beautifully and stopped biting for at least a week. She cried when she realized I was upset, which is why I soothed her before putting her back to the mama's milk.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 2:24 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Breastfeeding Mom's .. join it! In the information section click the post titled "When babies attack!" it's all about babies biting nipples and good ways to stop it ;)

My son, when teething, gnaws on me.. and sometimes with 7 teeth he accidentally bites me. When he gnaws I take him off and say "ouch! no" and he usually fixes it and stops. The first time he BIT me good I accidentally yelled at him but I have never yelled since. I think the yelling scared him because he cried, but he also hasn't bit me good since - only minor little bites here and there on accident and he corrects it himself. The section in the BF mom group is helpful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Dec. 27, 2009