where to start?

I want to start a medical billing business that is home based, need to know where to start. already taken a medical billing course and now working in a pharmacy. Where do I start? If any of you are already at home medical billers, please help me out! Thanks

CWALETICH

Asked by CWALETICH at 12:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a degree in HCA/MR and haven't been able to find a job in the field. I went into it wanting to work at home too, but quickly found out it is a very hard position to find work at home jobs for. Since your already enrolled in classes the next step would be to get your certification. Then maybe apply for an internship. Sorry I can't be more help, I've switched carrer paths and am currently working on a degree in psychology :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Yea, I am certified, I'm now working as a pharmacy biller while I get my stuff lined up to start my own business, just not real sure what to do first....
    CWALETICH

Answer by CWALETICH at 11:08 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Um, I think it's a HIPAA violation to let someone take information such as this outside of the facility. Just sayin....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2009